Would you like to join our team and work for a fast-growing and successful language service provider?
Translation Vendor Manager Opportunity Permanent Position – remote working
McFelder Translations is seeking a Translation Vendor Manager to join our Translation Production team working remotely. Essentially a procurement officer, our Vendor Manager designs and implements procedures to ensure his/her providers are competent, continuously maintain and improve their quality, and offer us the best rates. These procedures include onboarding forms, testing, job feedback, training seminars, provider rankings, and service-level agreements.
The Vendor Manager as part of the Production team, is responsible for the shape and size of the linguists’ database to ensure that Project Managers have enough resources at any necessary time, at the right price, with the required qualifications to deliver the expected quality within the time frame of the projects for our clients.
The role provides a clear insight into all aspects of procurement within an international business. Full training will be provided, and you will work closely with other vendors and project managers.
The Vendor Manager trainee will work directly for the Projects Director.
The qualified candidate will be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who would be able to assist with the effective co-ordination of complex multilingual projects, liaison with freelance translators and working with the McFelder software systems.
The key objectives of the role are as follows:
- Management of the vendor database
· Recruitment of vendors
· Recruitment planning
· Evaluation of vendors
- Negotiating pricing and delivery schedules
Qualifications and Skills
- Newly graduated
- Entry level role
- Fluency in English and ideally one other language
- Working remotely from UK
- Negotiation skills
- Well organised
- IT proficient
- Attention to detail
- Solid analytical skills
- Legally able to work in the UK
Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduate ideally in business/finance/accountancy
- Previous experience working in vendor relations/vendor procurement would be an advantage
- Previous experience analysing quantitative data and applying it to decision-making
- Strong computer skills
- Remote working from UK
- Initial training programme will be from head office in Girona, Catalonia
- Willingness to travel to head office in Girona, Catalonia for team meetings
- Working hours: Monday to Thursday: 9-1, 2-6.00pm and Friday 9-2.30pm (37.5 hours)
- Competitive salary
- Full time employment
How to Apply
Please apply in writing with CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com
The role will be a home based, remote working role. All requirements such as computer, etc will be supplied by McFelder Translations